- Watch television, listen to radio, or surf the
Internet for official news of any outbreak.
- Practice good hygiene and keep your
- Use mosquito nets/repellents at night.
- Boil water before drinking. Chlorinate it, if
- Thoroughly wash all vegetables/fruits
- Use insecticides to contain the vectors.
- Don’t consume stale or contaminated food
- Immediately report any sickness with
unusual and/or suspicious symptoms
in the family / neighbourhood to health
- Seek medical attention if you are sick;
keep a stock of your regular prescribed
- Keep distance from and avoid direct
contact with the affected person
- Avoid going to crowded areas.
- Use a respiration mask for protection.
- Follow official instructions and help
authorities dispose of contaminated items
such as food, poultry, crops, vectors and
other materials, if advised
- Ensure that all the required immunizations
are done and necessary precautions taken.