- Learn about nuclear radiation hazards.
- Discuss nuclear radiation safety with
children, family, friends and neighbours.
- Keep emergency contact numbers handy.
- Go indoors. Close doors/windows. Stay
- Switch on the radio/television and look out
for public announcements from your local
- Cover all food, water and other
consumables. Eat only such covered items.
- If you are out in the open, cover your face
and body with a wet cloth. Return home
quickly, remove footwear before entering.
Take a bath and wear fresh clothes. Keep the removed footwear and clothes packed
in a polythene bag to be checked for
contamination by authorities.
- Follow official instructions.
- During prolonged contamination issues,
try to feed milking cattle contaminationfree fodder and water.
- Do not panic.
- Do not spread and/ or believe in rumours
- Do not stay outside/or go outside unless it
is really necessary.
- Do not use water from open wells/ponds;
exposed crops, vegetables, food or milk.