The schemes have been sanctioned for three years in 2019 but not more than 36 months from the date of the start of the schemes. The date of hiring of Consultant/Disaster Management Professional shall be treated as date of start of the scheme.
Implementation of the Schemes
Strengthening of DDMAs of Hazard Prone Districts out of the 115 identified backward districts been implemented since September, 2019
Human Resources Support
One DM Consultant for Visakhapatnam district
One DM Consultant for YSR Kadapa district and
One DM Consultant for Vizianagaram district have been Appointed
· An amount of Rs. 75.60 Lakh sanctioned under Strengthening of DDMAs of Hazard Prone Districts out of the 115 identified backward districts in 2019.
Aim & Objectives of the Schemes
· Support the DDMAs in the identified backward Districts in taking measures for Disaster Risk Reduction as per the provisions of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 and Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction
· To facilitate mock drills, capacity building and training activities at District, Taluka and Panchayat level for effective preparedness and response measures.
· To help in co-ordination of District Administration with Taluka and Panchayat level for effective preparedness, response and mitigation measures.
· Creating Awareness about Disaster Risk Management at District, Taluka and Panchayat level
Expected Deliverables/ Outcomes of the Scheme
· Alignment of District Plans in accordance with the provisions of the Disaster Management Act, Sendai Framework and State Plan.
· Coordination of Mock Exercises at various locations in these districts.
· Training of officials for capacity building for better preparedness and effective response measures.
· Creation of awareness about Disaster Risk Management.
· Compiling and timely furnishing of data and information to SDMA on disaster aspects and Sendai Framework Monitoring indicators.
· Improved coordination of the District Administration with Taluka and Panchayat level for effective preparedness, response and mitigation measures.
· Help in setting up of the Disaster Data Base at the District level.
· Assist the DDMA in identifying opportunities for mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) in development programmes.
· Any other tasks assigned by SDMA/NDMA