Composition of State Executive Committee:- The State Executive Committee shall consist of the following members namely:
(1) The Chief Secretary to State Government, who shall be Chairperson.
(2) Other members shall be as follows:
(i) Principal Secretary/Secretary – Finance Department.
(ii) Principal Secretary/Secretary – Panchayat Raj& Rural Development Department.
(iii) Principal Secretary /Secretary – Irrigation & Command Area Development Department.
(iv) Principal Secretary LET&F-Permanent Co-opted member(G.O.Ms No 150 Rev(DM) Department, Dt:13-02-2008).
(v) Commissioner, Disaster Management – Member Convener.
(3) The Chairperson of the State Executive Committee may co-opt any other Special Chief Secretary / Principal Secretary /Secretary as a special invitee taking the nature of the Disaster into consideration for the meetings of the State Executive Committee (SEC).
The State Executive Committee shall follow the following procedure in exercise of its power and discharge of its functions:
(1) The Chairperson of the State Executive Committee may, as and when required, in the implementation of the directions of the State Government, seek guidance from the State Authority as to the modalities of such implementation.
(2) The Chairperson of the State Executive Committee shall, in case of emergency, have the power to exercise all or any of the powers of the State Executive Committee but exercise of such powers shall be subject to ratification by the State Executive Committee.
(3) The Chairperson of the State Executive Committee shall preside over the meetings of the State Executive Committee:
(a) Provided that in case the Chairperson of the State Executive
(b) Committee is unable to preside over any meeting of the State Executive
(c) Committee, he shall nominate one of members of the State Executive
(d) Committee to preside over the meeting.
(4) The Chairperson of the State Executive Committee may nominate one or more officers:
(a) To assist him in the performance of his functions
(b) To maintain proper records relating to the meetings of the State Executive Committee.
(c) To take follow up action to ensure that the decisions taken in the meetings of the State Executive Committee are implemented in time.
(d) To perform such other functions as the Chairperson may desire them to perform.
(5) The Chairperson of the State Executive Committee shall decide the day, time and place of a meeting of the State Executive Committee.
(6) The State Executive Committee shall meet as often as necessary but at least once in three months.
(7) The Member – Convener of the State Executive Committee shall give notice of its meeting and circulate its agenda at least week days in advance, unless there is an emergency situation on occurrence of a major disaster or a situation of such a threatening disaster, when the State Executive Committee shall meet at the earliest to ensure a smooth and efficient response.
(8) The State Authority may, invite any member of the State Executive Committee whenever required, to assist it in discharge of its functions.
(9) The State Executive Committee shall invite, any Principal Secretary/Secretary of the State Authority, as the case maybe, as a special invitee to attend its every meeting.
(10) The State Executive Committee shall forward the minutes of every meeting to the State Authority.